Starting with May Community Day’s Special Research, Trainers will be able to purchase and gift tickets to any of their Pokémon GO friends that they have achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with. More tickets—including tickets to the global Pokémon GO Fest event—will be available for gifting soon. Please note that in-person events, like Pokémon GO Safari Zone events, have a different process for purchasing tickets for other players.
How to gift a ticket
Step 1: Go to the in-game shop.
Step 2: Tap the image for the event you would like to gift a ticket to.
Step 3: Tap the Gift button.
Step 4: Select the friend you would like to send the gift ticket to.
Please note that you cannot gift an event ticket unless your friend meets the below conditions.
- They must be at least Great Friends with you.
- They cannot already own the event ticket you’re trying to send.
- They cannot already have been gifted the event ticket by someone else.
Step 5: Confirm your selection.
Step 6: Complete the purchase by entering the required information using your device’s native in-app-purchase payment screen.
Step 7: Your gift will be on its way!
- You cannot get a refund for gift tickets purchased for friends. Please confirm with your friend that they will be able to play during the event time prior to gifting them a ticket.
- You cannot cancel a gift ticket after it has been sent.
- You can only send 20 paid gift tickets per day.