This April we are celebrating Tricky Pokémon with some well-known pranksters and masters of disguise will be making an appearance!
Date + Time
From Wednesday, April 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Tuesday, April 7, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Pokémon known to be pranksters and masters of disguise will also be appearing more often in the wild, such as Gastly, Haunter, Voltorb, Sudowoodo, Aipom, Croagunk, and Foongus. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Sudowoodo or a Shiny Croagunk!
- Stunfisk, the Trap Pokémon, will make its Pokémon GO debut! For the duration of the event, Stunfisk will be available as Field Research task reward encounters and—if you’re extremely lucky—in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be hatching more often from 5 km Eggs: Aipom, Wynaut, Bonsly, Croagunk, and Stunfisk.
- After the event ends, Stunfisk will no longer hatch from 5 km Eggs. You’ll be able to encounter Stunfisk as Field Research task reward encounters or, if you’re very lucky, in the wild.
- Event-exclusive Field Research tasks will be available:
- Earn 3 Candy walking with your Buddy: Stunfisk
- Feed a Berry to your Buddy: Sudowoodo
- Catch 3 Ditto: Croagunk
- Croagunk and Aipom will photobomb you up to 5 times per day!
- Ditto will be appearing more frequently in the wild during the event, so be sure to catch Pokémon that Ditto are known to transform into! We also have reports of Ditto transforming into more Pokémon species than before, such as Voltorb, and it seems this phenomenon will persist after the event ends.