The next Pokemon Go Community Day will let you choose which Pokemon you want featured!
The Febuary Community Day featuring the winning Pokémon will take place on Saturday, February 22, 2020. The featured bonus will be 3× Catch Stardust. As on the last month, Community Day for Trainers in the northern hemisphere will run from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time, while in the southern hemisphere, it will run from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time.
February 2020 Community Day Pokémon Candidates
Your candidates for the next Community Day are Vulpix, Machop, Rhyhorn, and Dratini.
- Vulpix: Vulpix as originally discovered in the Kanto region will be appearing in the wild and in Eggs. Alolan Vulpix will be appearing in Field Research and Raid Battles. Evolve Vulpix or Alolan Vulpix into Ninetales or Alolan Ninetales for the Charged Attack Weather Ball. Ninetales will learn Fire-type Weather Ball, and Alolan Ninetales will learn Ice-type Weather Ball—attacks previously exclusive to Castform. Shiny Vulpix as originally discovered in the Kanto region will become available for the first time in Pokémon GO.
- Machop: Evolve Machop into Machamp for the exclusive attack Payback. This Dark-type Charged Attack will give Machamp good coverage to deal with Psychic- and Ghost-type Pokémon that might otherwise give it trouble.
- Rhyhorn: Evolve Rhyhorn into Rhyperior for the exclusive attack Rock Wrecker. Known to be Rhyperior’s signature move, this Rock-type Charged Attack will be a powerful addition to Rhyperior’s repertoire. Shiny Rhyhorn will also become available to encounter for the first time in Pokémon GO.
- Dratini: Evolve Dratini into Dragonite for the Charged Attack Superpower. This powerful Fighting-type attack is a recent addition to Pokémon GO and could be a strategic option for Dragonite. For example, it could help Dragonite against Ice- and Rock-type Pokémon that would normally have an advantage over it. Superpower could also help Dragonite deal with Steel-type Pokémon that are weak to Fighting-type attacks.
Voting-Day Field Research Tasks
In order to ensure fairness, all candidates’ Field Research tasks will have the same objective you’ll need to complete in order to cast a vote for the February 2020 Community Day Pokémon. The Field Research objective you’ll need to complete will be…catching 20 Pokémon to earn 200 Stardust.
These are the four Field Research tasks you will see on voting day:
- Vote for Machop Community Day! Catch 20 Pokémon
- Vote for Rhyhorn Community Day! Catch 20 Pokémon
- Vote for Vulpix Community Day! Catch 20 Pokémon
- Vote for Dratini Community Day! Catch 20 Pokémon
The Field Research tasks will be available on voting day, Saturday, February 1, 2020, from 12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. in your local time zone. Every PokéStop that day will have a voting-related research task. If the PokéStop you spin does not have a task for the Pokémon you want to vote for, please spin a different PokéStop. We will ensure that there is an even distribution of these research tasks among PokéStops, and we’ll account for areas that have fewer PokéStops as well.
One research task completed equates to one vote for the Pokémon listed on the completed task. You may complete more than one voting research task, and they will each count as a vote for whichever Pokémon is listed on each task. Be sure to complete as much research as you can for the Pokémon you want featured for Community Day!
Announcement of the winner
On Monday, February 3, 2020, two days after voting day closes, we will announce which Pokémon will be featured for February Community Day.
So trainers, get out and Go vote!